We’re so excited to annouce our first guest post by the fabulous Kanwal Batool. A well known hair and makeup artist in the South Asian circuit she has worked for Chanel and MAC as well as Bollywood stars Shahrukh Khan, Sunny Leone and Kareena Kapoor Khan (just to name a few). Besides her prestigious clientele she loves working with brides, giving them the confidence they need on their big day by making them feel beautiful inside and out. Below are her 5 most important tips when hiring a makeup artist as well as some of her beautiful work.
- Brides should first view a make up artist’s portfolio to see their previous work and if it is a good fit. A talented artist should have a professional website showcasing their work.
- Trials are necessary for brides when choosing a potential make up artist. Pictures can be deceiving and it is important to have a test run of the actual makeup you will be using on your big day. Your wedding day is stressful enough, the last thing you need is an allergic reaction to a product.
- It is important to work with artists that has a diverse, versatile profile of clients as they will be familiar with different color tones, facial features and know which look is best for you.
- Bargaining with a professional makeup artist is a big NO NO! The way you look on your big day will be something you remember for years to come, the last thing you want is to not be happy with the way you looked. Therefore if the artist is good, odds are they might be expensive but will be well worth the investment.
- Make sure the artist provides a proper contract detailing the pricing, booking deposit and receipts ensuring you are not left with a no show on your big day.
All photos provided by Kanwal Batool.
Love her work as much as we do? Book her for your event today.